Most Australian online casinos work with Visa. When making payment transactions with Visa cards, it is worth considering some nuances that may vary during the deposit/withdrawal of funds. The Visa payment system has both advantages and disadvantages. Sometimes Visa payments get declined. We’ll discuss the possible reasons below. It is also worth remembering that there are certain limits on deposits via Visa cards. These and other issues will be addressed in the article below.
How to deposit money using a Visa card
Let’s see how to fund your casino account using the Visa payment system. But first, you need to become the owner of a card account. You can open it at any bank of your choice. To do this, you will need an ID. After you sign the contract with the bank of your choice, the card will be ready within three to five business days, depending on the bank.
To make a deposit using Visa card, you need to do the following. First, you need to be sure that there is money on your card. If funds are not available, you can top up your card in following ways: through a self-service terminal, using an online payment system, by money transfer, or by adding funds to a bank cashier. It is also easy to transfer money from another card or use online banking.
After that, you need to register with the online casino of your choice. Be sure to provide reliable and accurate data when filling out the form. Otherwise, you’re likely to have problems with depositing and withdrawing money. The account must be verified. To do this, follow the link in the email received from the casino, or enter the code sent to you in an SMS message.
After activating the account, log into your personal profile and find the payment section. Here you need to select the Deposit tab. When you click on the tab, a drop-down menu will open. Select Visa from the list of available payment options.
Next, the system will redirect you to the page where you need to enter your payment data and deposit amount. As a rule, you’ll need to indicate the card number, its expiration date, a protection CVV code (this is a three-digit number on the back of the card), and the name of the cardholder. The surname and name of the card holder must coincide with the data entered when creating a casino account. Next, a code will be sent to your phone. Enter the code into a special window to confirm the transaction.
Conditions and limits
It is worth knowing that the Visa payment system issues about 24 types of cards, including debit, credit and prepaid cards. To make a deposit at an online casino, you can only use a Visa Classic debit card.
As a rule, casinos have the minimum limit for deposits. Maximum limits are set for withdrawing funds. Moreover, there is a limit on withdrawal per day, week or month. Deposit and withdrawal limits vary from casino to casino.
Additional conditions for making deposits with Visa:
- As a rule, deposited amounts arrive instantly. The money is immediately credited to the account which allows you to quickly start the casino game. When withdrawing to bank cards, transactions take place within 3-5 business days (all depend on how fast the transaction will be processed by the banks).
- When depositing money to your casino account, you do not need to go through a verification process. However, to withdraw your winnings, you’re required to confirm your identity by sending scans of your ID or other identification document to the casino administration (for more information, contact the casino’s support team 24/7).
- Since payment transactions via bank cards are a popular payment option, most Australian casinos don’t charge a commission. However, you must keep in mind that your bank may apply some fees.
Possible reasons for rejected payments
Sometimes a payment transaction can be rejected by a casino or bank. There are various reasons for this. Most often, transactions get rejected because the user has not entered the information correctly. With that said, be sure to carefully check the data that you’re entering into the field when making a payment.
Other causes of rejection:
- Your transaction may get rejected if your deposit amount is smaller than the minimum deposit amount indicated on the casino website. Be sure to carefully read the conditions and deposit the amounts and equal to or exceed the minimum deposit amount set by the casino.
- Sometimes a transaction can be rejected by the issuing bank.
- Also, the casino may decline the payment if the player is suspected of fraud.
- Sometimes a bank may block an online payment if there is a limitation on online transactions in place. In this case, you need to log into your personal profile on the bank website, select your Visa card, enter its data, and set a new limit for daily online transactions.
Visa: Advantages and disadvantages
The main advantage of using bank cards when funding your casino account is that you don’t need to create an electronic wallet with an online payment system. Depositing money is simple and fast. You just need to submit the card data and your name. If you choose to save your Visa card in the settings on the casino website, you’ll be able to make deposits even faster!
Other advantages of using the Visa payment system:
- All financial transactions are well protected which means you don’t need to worry about your online safety. This applies not only to deposits but also to withdrawals.
- Deposits using a Visa card are instant.
- Visa holders are guaranteed a 100% confidentiality.
The only drawback of the Visa payment system had to do with the time that withdrawals may take. While deposits arrive instantly, withdrawals may take 3 to 5 banking days.
Visa cards: Secure payment method
To protect customers from fraud and theft, Visa uses several methods to protect data. On the back of your Visa card, there is a CVV2 code. Be sure to not reveal this code to anyone. For protection, Visa also uses the client's signature, their phone number, as well as other methods invisible to the eye.
When using your Visa card to pay online, you need to connect to the Verified by Visa service. This service ensures that the client makes transactions on reliable and quality casino websites.