The history of craps
The modern variant of craps was invented in the United States in the early 1900s. John H. Winn, the famous bookmaker of those times, was an inventor of a game of craps. There is other opinion that the roots of gambling craps originated in Ancient Rome. The Roman soldiers were obsessed with the game, using pig bones as dice. Another more interesting hypothesis says that craps has Arabic descendance and has evolved from the game called Al Dar.
How to play craps
What is craps? Online craps games are such a kind of game the basis of which is connected with chance. Online casino craps uses a dice in its gameplay. Using this step-by-step guide, you will definitely understand how to play craps! If you are a newbie in online craps gambling the rules and strategies of online craps game will be essential for your start in this area.
- The player throws two dice on the craps table. This first roll of dice is called a “come-out roll”. The player who throws the dice is called the “shooter”.
- Now look at the numbers that came up and evaluate their total. There can be three outcomes.
- If the Shooter rolls out a 7 or an 11, this is called a “Natural”. This means that all Pass Line bets win. The Shooter gets to roll the dice again.
- If the outcome is a 2, 3, or 12, this is called “Craps”. All Pass Line bets lose. The dice goes over to the next player.
- If the Shooter rolls out a 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10, they establish the Point. The Shooter needs to roll the dice again. If the Shooter rolls out the same Point before a 7 comes up, all Pass Line bettors get a payout. (Note that the Shooter doesn’t have to roll the exact same numbers. It’s only their total that must be the same.) If, however, the Shooter rolls out a 7 before the Point, all Pass Line bets lose. The round is over.
Betting options in craps online
For sure, online casino craps is not a redoubtable game! The first step from a beginner to an online craps game professional was done. Another step is about betting options that are available to every participant.
It is important to start with craps table layout. It has different areas that indicate different betting options.
Pass Line/Don’t Pass
You can make a prediction of the Shooter rolling a Natural or a Point if you bet on Pass Line. In other words, the Player will pass. If you wager on Don’t Pass Line, you bet that the Shooter will lose, i.e. roll a 2 or a 3, or a 7 (seven-out). Both Pass and Don’t Pass wagers pay 1 to 1.
If the Shooter rolls a 12, it’s called a Push. You neither win, nor lose.
Come/Don’t Come bets
You have a chance to win by making a Come bet. It is possible if the Shooter has a Natural. But what if the Shooter rolls a Point? It’s called Come Bet Point. If the Come Bet Point comes up before 7, you win. Otherwise, online casino takes your wager.
One more important aspect is to pay attention to Don’t Come bet. If the Shooter gets 2 or 3, rejoice! Your bet wins. If they roll out a 7 or an 11, you lose. If the dice total is 12, it’s Push again and nothing happens. Both Come and Don’t Come bets pay 1 to 1.
Important! Note that you can make Pass/Don’t Pass bets before the Point has been determined. Once the Point has been established, you’re welcome to bet on Come/Don’t Come.
Free Odds bets
The best thing about Free Odds bets is that they carry no house edge. The payout varies depending on the point that you’re betting on. If you bet on points 4 and 10 and your bet wins, you get paid 2 to1. Bets on points 5 and 9 can bring you a 3 to 2 payout. Finally, a winning bet on 6 and 8 pays 6 to 5.
One-roll craps bets
Players of online casino for craps can place this wager on any roll.
✔️ If you bet on Any Seven, you win in case of the Shooter rolls a 7.
✔️ If you bet on Any Craps, you win on condition that the total is 2, 3 or 12.
✔️ If you bet on Ace Deuce, you win in case of a 3 comes up.
✔️ If you bet on Aces, keep your fingers crossed for a 2.
✔️ If you bet on Boxcars, you win so long as the Shooter rolls a 12.
✔️ If you bet on Horn, you get paid in case of the outcome is 2, 3, 11 or 12.
Smart winning tips
- If you’re stretched for money, be sure to focus on the bets with the lowest house edge. The house edge for odds bets is 0% which makes it an ideal choice for rookie players. Also, Come and Pass bets both have a very low house edge of 1.41%. By sticking with these betting options, you’ll be able to make your modest bankroll last longer and enjoy the craps game more.
- If you feel comfortable betting against the Shooter, you should also consider Don’t Come and Don’t Pass bets. Both of them have a nice house edge of 1.36%. In other betting options, the house edge goes over 1.5%, which is why you should steer clear of them.
- Drop the ambition to become a consummate craps player. Online craps game is nothing like blackjack or poker that allow you to make consistent profits. Getting an edge over a craps casino is impossible. You should only view it as enjoyment, nothing more.
FAQ on craps game
Are there winning strategies for the craps game?
- As already was mentioned Craps is a game of luck. It means that you can find no victorious strategy that will help you to be the winner at online casino craps. Against the common belief, the Martingale system (when you raise your bet after each loss) is useless at online craps. In fact, it can deplete your bankroll in the blink of an eye. At online craps casino, everything depends on fortune and a little bit on your intuition. Of course, you can find some tricks that can increase your winning odds in an absolutely legal way (see the section above).
How many craps variations are there?
- Luckily for gamblers, online craps games have a number of variations, including New York Craps, Die Rich Craps, High Point Craps, and more. The huge number of craps variations is very important. Case in point, you are bored with the classic craps game or just want to try something new, it’s a sure sign that you should push the boundaries and explore more rare versions of this amazing and versatile game at any best online casino for craps!
What are the best craps bets?
If you’re looking for the way to maximize your profits, stick with Free Odds bets. They come with a 0% house edge. Payouts on Free Odds bets depend on the point that you’re wagering on.
Can I try craps online for free?
- For sure. Like any game (except for live casino games), craps is available to play for free in demo mode. It is a unique opportunity to get a taste of a gameplay, learn the betting options, and bring on trial your intuition. If you feel the courage to switch to real-money wagers and try to win real money at craps online, you need to select the best online craps casino, make a deposit, and embark on the breathtaking craps gambling journey!
Final Words to Sum Up
It is absolutely worth to try online casino craps at least once in life, because craps is full of emotion and adrenalin! Except colorful emotions, you can be the winner of real money – make a deposit and do your best! Moreover, there are no cut and dried rules, and difficult strategies. So, everything is in your hands!