One of the most popular EPS is Skrill Australia. It was called MoneyBookers until 2011. This system is often used by players who regularly play at online casinos or make bets on sporting events. Skrill features a high level of safety, multiple currencies, instant transactions. Let's talk more about this payment method, and consider its main advantages, disadvantages, and features.
Skrill is very popular in the US and EU. Players from Australia do not use it very often because Aussies prefer to make financial transactions through other payment methods, such as Paypal, Neteller, BTC, etc. Skrill Australia supports multiple currencies. A user can open several accounts, and even can open a cryptocurrency wallet. Skrill casinos that support the Skrill payment option are plenty.
There are a couple of features that you need to know before using Skrill for financial transactions. The first thing is that sometimes it makes more sense to exchange money at the casino and not via Skrill Australia because the payment system charges an exchange commission.
The second thing regards bonuses. Unfortunately, Skrill Australia does not provide any bonuses for activities, no cashback, no gifts, etc. Additional fees may also be charged for withdrawals and deposits via Skrill.
Skrill money transfer system
Skrill is one of the most popular payment systems out there. It appeared in 2001. The headquarters are located in London. Many gamblers believe that this EPS is the best place to store a bankroll because the system provides the so-called Skrill Security Token security key that protects you from money theft.
The system also attracts users by the fact that it does not block your account when you’re withdrawing money from bookmakers or online casinos. Moreover, it does not matter whether your transaction amount is large or small. Skrill high-status players can withdraw thousands of dollars daily.
Let’s take a look at the key features that characterize Skrill money transfer.
- When using this payment method, you can make online transfers instantly. Moreover, the system does not provide any regional restrictions. You can freely use your Skrill wallet to top up your casino account or withdraw money from any casino.
- The system supports multiple currencies. More than 15 currencies are supported, including Euros, Pounds, US Dollars, Australian Dollars, Japanese Yen, Swedish and Norwegian Kroner, New Zealand Dollars, Danish Kroner and others.
- The EPS website is multilingual.
- Skrill has a high level of security. It uses the latest encryption methods. All users are given a unique security key for transactions.
- You can top up your Skrill wallet by bank transfer, via debit and credit cards, as well as by using other electronic payment systems. The size of the commission will depend on the chosen method.
- The company has customer support. Most of the time, operators respond instantly. However, sometimes you have to wait up to several days.
- The Skrill payment system supports more than 9 cryptocurrencies. Although this is a recent feature, hundreds of thousands of people are already using it. Moreover, Skrill money transfer even has its crypto-exchange where crypto coins are traded at market prices.
- The Skrill system gives you an opportunity to order a plastic card which is tied to your personal wallet. The offer applies only to residents of the EU countries. Cards are accepted at almost any ATM. A fee of 10 euros per year is charged for card servicing, while the commission for cash withdrawals stands at 1.75%. This card cannot be used for online gambling.
- The basic limit is 2500 dollars. To boost this limit, you need to go through ID verification. To do this, the player is required to provide a document that confirms their identity and registration address. Documents are usually checked within a few business days.
How to use Skrill at online casinos
First, you need to create a Skrill account and top up your Skrill wallet. To do this, you can use a credit or debit card, or make a bank transfer, or use other electronic payment systems. After that, you need to register at the casino, log into your account, and go to the cashier section. Then you need to enter the transaction amount and wallet number. To confirm the transaction, you may need a secret code that is generated during registration in the Skrill money transfer system. It should be noted that commissions are charged during transfer within EPS. Transactions tend to be instant.
How to withdraw money via Skrill
Withdrawing money with Skrill is as easy as making deposits. You need to go to the Account Settings, enter your wallet number and withdrawal amount. Next, you need to wait until the administrators check the application and confirm the payment.
If your loyalty level with Skrill is lower than Bronze, your transaction limit will be 2500 dollars. If you have a bigger amount to cash out, then you will have to withdraw money either in parts, or try to get a higher status in the loyalty program. Even before the request, it should be noted that when requesting large winnings in the amount of 1,000+, additional verification of identity is required.
Payment terms and commissions
Both deposits and withdrawals via Skrill money transfer are instant. However, keep in mind that you need to verify your identity before you can make withdrawals. From your Skrill wallet, you can withdraw money to your Skrill MasterCard prepaid card, Visa / Mastercard / Maestro debit/credit cards, or bank account.
The commissions are as follows:
- For deposits from a VISA card - 1%.
- For withdrawing money from your Skrill account to a bank card - from 4.99% up to 7.5%. Players with VIP status can withdraw money to Visa cards without commission.
- Currency conversion fee - from 1.99% to 3.99%.
- Inactive account maintenance fee - 3 euros per year.
- Commission for cashing with a Skrill card is 1.75%.
- Commission for buying cryptocurrency - from 1.5 to 3%.
- Commission for exchange transactions – from 1.99 to 3.79%.
Pros and cons of using Skrill Australia at online casinos
Since we’re nearing the end of our Skrill review, it’s time to summarize the advantages and disadvantages of the Skrill money transfer system. Let's start with drawbacks. The thing that gamblers don’t like is that Skrill charges high commission fees on all transactions.
The second shortcoming has to do with an additional commission for buying cryptocurrency. The third drawback regards the customer support team. Sometimes you have to wait for days to get an answer. And finally, the last con regards a low transaction limit for players with low loyalty status.
Now let’s examine the main advantages of using the Skrill payment method at your favorite Skrill casino.
- Instant transactions.
- Multi-currency support.
- Simple registration and identity verification.
- Skrill Mastercard which is tied to your Skrill wallet.
- High security. Users can enable the two-level authentication. All transactions are encrypted using the latest security algorithms. Also, all transactions are confirmed with a special security code.
- Cryptocurrency support.
- Currency exchange transactions.