One of the most popular EPS is Skrill (until 2011 it was called MoneyBookers). It is often used by players who regularly play in an online casino or make bets on sporting events since the system has a high degree of security, it has multicurrency and the ability to make transactions instantly. Let's talk more about this payment method, and consider its main advantages, disadvantages, and features.
Skrill is a system that is very popular in the US and EU countries. Players from Australia do not use it very often, most gamblers prefer to conduct financial transactions through other payment methods, Paypal, Neteller, BTC, etc.
Due to its low popularity, Skrill is rarely supported in Australian online casinos, but we still provide such an option for our players. The system was also loved for the reason that it is impossible to get a ban in it for conducting financial transactions with bookmakers or in online casinos, while some other European and American EPS impose restrictions on such transactions.
Of course, Skrill is also convenient in support of multicurrency. If desired, the user can open several accounts, and even can open a cryptocurrency wallet inside of the Skrill system.
There are a couple of features that should be remembered by those who intend to use Skrill for financial transactions. Firstly, sometimes it is more profitable to exchange money inside the casino, and not in the Skrill system itself, where a rather large commission is charged.
Secondly, bonuses. Unfortunately, Skrill does not provide any bonuses for activities, no cashback, no gifts, etc. Additional fees may also be charged during the withdrawal and deposit with the use of the Skrill payment system.
Skrill payment system overview
Skrill is one of the most popular payment systems. It appeared in 2001, the head office of the company that provides services, located in London. Many gamblers believe that this EPS is the best place to store a bankroll because the system provides the so-called Skrill Security Token security key, which avoids theft of money from the account.
The system also attracts users by the fact that it does not block account when users trying to withdraw money from bookmakers or online casinos. Moreover, it does not matter whether the amount is large or small. Skrill high-status players can withdraw thousands of dollars daily.
Key features and capabilities of the system:
- Using this payment method, you can make online transfers instantly. Moreover, the system does not provide any regional restrictions. If desired, the player can freely use the wallet to replenish the account or withdraw money from any casino.
- The system supports multicurrency. More than 15 currencies are supported, including Euros, Pounds, US Dollars, Australian Dollars, Japanese Yen, Swedish and Norwegian Kroner, New Zealand Dollars, Danish Kroner and others.
- The EPS website is multilingual.
- Skrill has a high degree of security. Inside the system, the latest encryption methods are used, and all users are given a specialized security key, without which it will not be possible to conduct any transaction.
- You can replenish your Skrill wallet by bank transfer, via debit and credit cards, as well as using other electronic payment systems. The size of the commission will depend on the chosen method.
- The company has support. Although the consultants from the support service have been responding for quite some time, sometimes you have to wait several days to answer.
- The Skrill payment system offers over 9 cryptocurrencies. This function appeared relatively recently, but hundreds of thousands of people have already used it. Moreover, inside the EPS there is even its crypto-exchange, market prices are offered.
- The Skrill system offers to order a plastic card, which will be tied to a personal wallet. The offer applies only to residents of countries that are part of the European economic zone. Cards are accepted at almost any ATM. A fee of 10 euros per year is charged for servicing the card, the commission for cash withdrawals is 1.75%. This card is not suitable for online gambling, it is rather advisable to use it to cash out winnings.
- The basic limit is 2500 dollars. To increase it, you need to go through ID verification. It is produced according to the standard scheme - the player is required to provide a document that confirms the identity and registration address. Documents are usually checked within a few business days.
How to use Skrill at Casinonic?
First, you need to replenish the Skrill wallet itself. To do this, you can use a credit or debit card, or make a bank transfer, or use other electronic payment systems for the transfer.
After that, you need to log in or register at the casino, if there is no account, go to the cashier, indicate the transaction amount and wallet number. When the player does this, it will remain to confirm the transfer, this may require a secret code that is generated during registration in the Skrill system. It should be noted that commissions are charged during transfer within EPS. A transaction is usually carried out instantly.
Withdrawing money from an online casino through Skrill
Withdrawal of money is carried out similarly with a deposit. You need to go to the Account Settings, there indicate your wallet number and the amount of payment. Next, the transaction must be confirmed and wait until the administrators check the application and confirm the payment.
Recall that in the Skrill system limits are set for payments if the player has not received at least Bronze status. Therefore, large winnings for 2500 dollars may not be withdrawn using Skrill. Then you will have to withdraw money either in parts, or try to get a higher status in the loyalty program.
Even before the request, it should be noted that when requesting large winnings in the amount of 1,000+, additional verification of identity is required.
Payment Terms and Commission for Financial Transactions in Skrill
Deposits and payments in Casinonic are held almost instantly. But players need to take into account the fact that the payment from the casino is carried out after the application has been confirmed by the administrator.
From the Skrill system itself, you can withdraw money to a SkrillMasterCard prepaid card, or Visa / Mastercard / Maestro debit/credit cards, and bank transfer is also available.
The commissions are as follows:
- For replenishment from a VISA card - 1%.
- For withdrawing money from Skrill's account to a bank card - from 4.99% up to 7.5%. Players with VIP status can withdraw money to Visa cards without commission.
- Currency conversion fee - from 1.99% to 3.99%.
- Inactive account maintenance fee - 3 euros per year.
- Commission for cashing with a Skrill card is 1.75%.
- When buying cryptocurrency - from 1.5 to 3%.
- For exchange transactions 1.99-3.79%.
Pros and cons of using Skrill in a casino
To summarize the advantages and disadvantages of the Skrill system. Let's start with the cons. The first drawback is the high commission fee during ANY transaction, which is very inconvenient for players.
The second drawback is the additional commission when buying a cryptocurrency. The third drawback is not a very good work of the support team, sometimes you have to wait for an answer for days. And finally, the last drawback is a small limit for players with low status.
Advantages of the system:
- Instant transactions.
- Ability to open accounts in several currencies.
- Simple registration and verification of identity.
- The presence of a Skrill Master Card, which is tied to the player’s wallet.
- High security. In the settings you can enable two-level authentication, all transactions are encrypted using the latest security systems, to confirm the transaction you need a specialized code that attackers cannot steal even with all their will.
- The presence of cryptocurrency accounts.
- Inside the system, you can conduct exchange operations.