About Sic Bo
If you're tired of mentally taxing games like blackjack or poker, you’re sure to fall in love with Sic Bo. Sic Bo is an ancient game that originates from China, which makes it one of the oldest gambling games in the whole wide world. The name of the game translates as “precious dice”. Isn’t that a nice-sounding name for a casino game? By the way, Sic Bo has a lot in common with craps. Both are dice games that were invented in China. While craps might be slightly more popular than Sic Bo, the latter is definitely not going down without a fight. In recent years, we’re seeing a soaring interest in the Sic Bo game from the part of both offline and online casino enthusiasts.
In the 20th century, Chinese immigrants brought the game of Sic Bo to the United States where it took the gambling scene by storm, appearing at brick-and-mortar and later at the top casinos online. Nowadays, you can play Sic Bo at any time from the comfort of your home, both for free and for real money at online casinos. Plus, you can even test your luck at Sic Bo Live! Choose whatever option suits you best!
How to play the Sic Bo game
Sic Bo is no rocket science. Your goal as a player is to predict the outcome of the roll of three dice. Sic Bo has plenty of winning combinations, and each combination comes with its payout. The first thing that you notice about the Sic Bo table is that it has a lot of betting zones. But don’t worry! You shouldn't feel intimidated by the complicated table layout. It all becomes pretty simple one you get the gist of the Sic Bo game.
- The player places a bet on a certain outcome of the roll. The good news is that you can place any number of wagers on the same roll.
- The dealer rolls three dice in a chest. Then the dealer shakes the chest and opens it to reveal the winning combination. When you’re playing Sic Bo online, the dice is rolled automatically by the RNG algorithm.
- If the player has guessed the outcome correctly, they get a payout. Winnings are paid out based on the Sic Bo payout table.
Types of bets
Sic Bo is known for its huge selection of betting options with different Sic Bo odds. For starters, we recommend that you memorize one to three types of bets (the simplest ones) and then work your way towards more complicated options. Let’s take a look at what type of wagers Sic Bo players can make.
- Big. You bet that the total of three dice will range from 11 to 17. The winning odds for this wager stand at 48.6%.
- Small. You bet that the total sum of three dice will range from 4 to 10. Your winning odds here are at 48.6% as well.
- Odd. You predict that the total of three dice will be an odd number. The winning odds stand at 48.6%.
- Even. You predict that the total of three dice will be an even number. Your chances of winning equal to 48.6%.
- Specific Triples. You bet that all three dice will have a certain number. This is a very risky wager with the winning odds at 0.46%.
- Specific Doubles. You bet that a certain number will be present on two dice. Your winning odds in this case are at 7.41%.
- Any Triples. You bet that a triple, and not a specific number, will be rolled. You’re likely to win with a probability of 2.8%.
- Three Dice Total. You bet that the total of three dice will add up to one or two chosen numbers, e.g. 4 or 17, 5 or 16, 6 or 15, 7 or 14, 8 or 13, 9 or 12, 10 or 11. The winning odds range from 1.4% for the 4/17 pair to 12.5% for the 10/11 pair.
- Dice combinations. You bet that two dice will have a chosen combination of two numbers.
- Single Dice. You bet that one, two or three dice will reveal a certain number from 1 to 6.
- Four Number Combination. You bet that three dice will reveal three numbers from the chosen 4-number combination. The probability of your winning in this case is at 11.1%
- Three Single Number Combination. You wager on three different numbers that you believe will be rolled. The winning odds stand at 2.8%.
Yes, we know that it’s a lot to take in! Like already said, you don’t have to memorize all bets at once. The good news is that Sic Bo offers a big variety of betting options with different risk levels. Wagers with the highest winning odds are the less risky ones. The only drawback is that they come with lean payouts. Wagers with the lowest winning chances are high-risk. The best thing about them is that they pay really well - if your guess was correct, of course! With such an amazing selection of wager types, each gambler can choose the suitable betting option that suits their gambling style and budget.
Sic Bo payouts
Keep in mind that Sic Bo payouts vary from casino to casino. Also, numerous Sic Bo variations, such as Chuck-a-luck, Hoo Hee How, and others, have different winning combinations and therefore pay differently. To give you a sense of direction, here are the Sic Bo payouts for some basic bets:
- Small and Big bets pay 1 to 1 each;
- Even and Odd bets pay 1 to 1 each;
- Double pays 11 to 1;
- Triple pays 180 to 1;
- Any Triple pays 31 to 1.
Sic Bo strategy
While Sic is a game of chance, it doesn't have a winning strategy per se, unlike poker or blackjack. On a brighter note, there’re still some tips and tricks that can make your gambling experience more smooth and boost your self-confidence.
- If you're a complete beginner, start with low-risk bets, e.g. Big, Small, Even or Odd. These are the four easiest types of wagers in Sic Bo. Plus, an occasional loss won’t take a big toll on your bankroll.
- One piece of advice is to mix low-risk bets that are very likely to pay with high-risk bets that have low winning chances. If your high-risk wager flops, you’re likely to get a win on your other bet. Scooping a win - however small - is good for your overall mood and morale. Anyway, it’s better than getting no win at all.
- If you know the Martingale or Labouchere betting strategies, you might want to try and apply them to Sic Bo as well. The important thing to understand here is that neither of these strategies guarantees a steady profit. Plus, you need to have a solid bankroll to be able to implement any of these strategies and outlast a possible losing streak.
- Keep in mind that no strategy can eliminate the house edge. When you’re playing Sic Bo online, the casino will always have the upper hand. The only way to deal with a low house edge is to stick with low-risk bets. If, however, you’re a risk taker who is hunting after big wins, you’ll have to face the draconic house edge incorporated into high-risk bets that come with fantastic payouts.
Sic Bo is everything you want a luck-based casino game to be. It’s dynamic, fast-paced, and immersive. Plus, it has a wide choice of betting options that caters to all categories of players. You can stick with one trusted type of wager or switch between different options to spice up your gambling experience. The choice is all yours. Whatever strategy you choose, you’re in for some really good fun! When playing Sic Bo, you don’t need to break your head over sophisticated moves and tactics. You can just relax and let your gut feeling guide you. Be sure to try out this wonderful casino game at the best Aus online casino!