The first thing that comes to mind when you’re hearing the words “best paying pokies” is RTP. This scary abbreviation stands for “return to player percentage”. This value can help you determine if a certain online pokie pays well or not. Simply put, RTP shows what part of all the money wagered on a slot is paid back to players. Determined by software manufacturers, RTP values vary from slot to slot. While some pokies may have their RTP rate at 88-89%, others have this value as high as 98%. Let’s say, a pokie has a 95% RTP. For a player, this means that out of each 100 dollars wagered on the slot, players get 95 dollars back.
Of course, Aussie players should be looking for pokies with high RTP values. The higher the RTP, the more winnings you can count on. A profitable slot machine is the one whose RTP stands at 96-98%. But it’s not that simple though. The thing is that RTP is a long-term value that characterizes the slot’s “behavior” in the long run. In other words, you need to make thousands upon thousands of bets before you can see it work. In a short run, a slot’s RTP may be lower or higher than the programmed value.
Along with RTP, there’s another crucial thing that determines how well a pokie pays. Here we’re talking about multipliers, special features, gamble games, and so on. As you probably already know, modern video pokies are packed with all kinds of features that serve two purposes. First, they make the gameplay more exciting, engaging and entertaining. It’s a known fact that many gamblers actually prefer action-filled pokies to classic slot games with little action. Second, special features give you more chances generous slot machine. They make pokies more profitable and financially rewarding.
Let’s take multipliers, for example. If you’re lucky to unlock a multiplier, your winnings will be increased multifold without any extra effort on your side. Best-paying slots also have Wild symbols in store. By replacing regular icons on the reels, Wilds help you form winning combinations, thus boosting your total line. Free spins and respins are also great ways to make some extra cash. To win free spins, you usually have to land 3 to 5 Scatter symbols on the reels. Each free spin gives you a chance to lock in some juicy profits, let alone a life-changing jackpot. As for the gamble game, it’s a true goldmine for Aussie players who are looking for the best paying online pokies in Australia. If you’re a risk taker, we recommend that you choose to participate in the risk game. If you succeed, your winnings will double. Some gamble games also have a second round where you stand a chance of quadrupling your winnings.
So if you’re after the best paying online pokies, be sure to choose video pokies. Unlike classic fruities, video pokies are slot machines of the latest generation. They’re crammed with lucrative extra features that make it easier for you to lock in profits.
Stellar software providers
And last but not least. Another factor that affects your winnings on Australian pokies has to do with the companies that develop slots. The best way to find profitable pokies is to stick with games produced by the industry's leading software providers, such as IGT, Authentic, NetEnt, Microgaming, BetSoft, Gameart, Playtech, Play’n Go, Wazdan Gaming, and others. These and other software giants create real masterpieces that not only have attractive design and exciting plots, but also pay well. By choosing a slot manufactured by a no-name brand, you’re taking a risk because you can’t know for sure if the game is worthy of your time in terms of winnings. If, however, you’re sticking with world-known brands, you can rest assured that you’re playing the best paying pokies the igaming industry has to offer.
FAQ on the best paying online pokies in Australia
Where can I find the best paying online slots?
- Search the web for reliable gambling-related websites. These sites tend to compile lists of the best paying online pokies in Australia. These rankings contain plenty of valuable information about each slot, including its RTP, software manufacturer, extra features, jackpots, etc. If the plot and theme meet your interests, you can easily find the slot at any legal Aussie casino and play it for real money.
Can I test the best paying online pokies in Australia?
- We strongly recommend that you do that at all times. The best way to see if the pokie machine meets your expectations in terms of payouts is to test it in free demo mode. This is your chance to assess how profitable the slot is without putting your wallet at risk. If you see that the pokie machine pays well and has plenty of extra features with money-making opportunities, then it qualifies for real money play. Why waste your hand-earned money on low-paying slots when you can filter them out and enjoy the industry's best paying casino games?
What RTP value is the optimal one?
- The one piece of advice that we can give you is that you should stick with slots whose RTP is more than 95%. Pokies with lower payoff rates are simply not worthy of your time and money. Luckily, all top-tier software giants nowadays keep the bar high by producing pokies with sky-high RTPs to please slot lovers.
Can I increase the slot’s profitability?
- Unfortunately, you can’t do that. Slot machines have programmed payout levels that don’t change throughout the game. Since slots are luck-based games, there’s no strategy for improving your gambling performance. Luck is the only factor at play here. If you’re lucky, you can win a fortune. If not, you may blow away your entire bankroll unless you know when to stop.
Can Aussie casinos rig up slots to make them less generous?
- No. Online casinos have no access to the software code of the games available on their websites. Software providers are the only ones who theoretically can interfere with slot settings. However, no reputable software manufacturer would do so. Top-tier software brands value their reputation above all else. That’s why we won’t ever get tired of stressing the importance of playing at legal and honest online casinos that team up with renowned providers. These igaming websites offer the best paying pokie machines with fair RTP rates.
Do the best paying pokie machines in Australia have drawbacks?
- Actually, they do. Although the best paying online slots may seem like ideal gambling games for Aussies, they have one heavy shortcoming that has to do with jackpots. The trick is this. The higher the slot’s RTP, the lower are your chances of hitting a jackpot prize. Instead, you’ll have to content yourself with small and medium size payouts. Seems like you can’t have it all, right? On a brighter note, if you’re indifferent to hunting jackpots, this news won’t come as a disappointment to you.
Can I play the best paying online pokies in Australia on the go?
- Absolutely. All modern online slots are compatible with all kinds of mobile devices and mobile operating systems (iOS, Android, Windows). Thanks to mobile gambling technologies, you can now land big wins in slot machines wherever you are!