About American Express
Established in the mid-1800s, American Express is among the oldest and most acclaimed financial companies in the United States. It issues a wide range of electronic payment cards for both companies and individuals. AmEx cards are accepted in 100+ countries. The corporation boasts 150+ years of experience in the financial niche which speaks volumes of its unparalleled expertise. American Express accounts for ca. 25% of all card transactions in the USA. The company’s estimated worth goes over $20 bln.
These numbers can impress any gambler! Indeed, American Express is an established, trustworthy company. It’s a globally recognized expert in financial payments which is trusted by both common clients and big market players. Let’s see what makes this payment method so popular. Also, let’s pinpoint some of the weak spots that American Express inevitably has.
Why American Express?
Using American Express for casino deposits and withdrawals is a surefire way to transfer your money where you want it to be. Let’s take a look at why casino enthusiasts choose AmEx over other banking options.
- American Express is a super fast way to top up your casino account. The money arrives to your casino account instantly. It’s understandable that a gambler would want to start playing for real money immediately after making a deposit, right? No one wants to wait! With American Express, you can get down to gambling right away!
- Against common belief, making a deposit with AmEx is easier than with e-wallets. When using an e-wallet, you first need to top up your wallet and only then send the money to your casino account. Paying with your American Express card involves one transaction only. It’s a hassle-free way to fund your account and get ready for real-money play.
- Making a deposit or withdrawal with AmEx is amazingly simple. Crediting your casino account with your AmEx card is as easy as making purchases online. If you’re already using an AmEx card for online shopping, you’ll have absolutely no trouble topping up your casino balance! You simply need to enter your card details, including the cardholder’s name, card number, expiry date, and CVV code. Most of the time, you’ll also be asked to enter a security number which will be sent to your smartphone.
- If you’re a high roller, AmEx has good news for you. The thing is that American Express has higher deposit limits compared to other payment systems. You don’t need to use multiple cards in order to send a big amount of money to your account. With AmEx, you can deposit as much money as you want in just one click!
- American Express offers 10+ different types of cards. The cards differ by their spending limits, extra perks, and more. You can easily choose the card that suits your gambling needs.
- American express supports a big spectrum of currencies. This means you can open your AmEx card in the currency that you're going to play with at online casinos!
- American Express puts their clients’ online safety first. All cards are securely protected with SafeKey 3D Secure technology, making it extremely hard for cyber criminals to intercept your data and gain unauthorized access to your funds.
Like pretty any payment system, American Express has its flaws. We consider it our moral responsibility to warn our readers about the pitfalls and downsides of each banking option, so here we go!
- American Express can’t boast fast withdrawals. While deposits are made in a flash, withdrawals tend to take the standard time frame of 3 to 5 business days. On the brighter side, using AmEx for casino withdrawals is still a faster option than, say, using a bank transfer.
- Another deal breaker has to do with the fact that some casinos are reluctant to include American Express into the list of available withdrawal methods. With that said, be sure to check if your selected online casino accepts American Express for both deposits and withdrawals.
It looks like these two minor downsides can’t keep casino fans from using AmEx. American Express remains among the top popular payment options among online gamblers, and rightfuly so!
Paying with AmEx: What you need to know
While using American Express is a breeze even for a complete novice, there are still a few things we’d like to pull your attention to.
- Before withdrawing your casino winnings to your AmEx card, you need to provide your online casino with a copy of your ID (or driving license). Plus, you need to submit proof that you’re the actual owner of your AmEx account. Don’t let this procedure discourage you. It’s a standard safety measure which is applied by all reputable casinos before the client’s first withdrawal. Plus, you only have to do this once. Once the casino verifies your data, all subsequent withdrawals will take less time.
- Despite the fact that AmEx doesn’t impose any additional fees or commissions on transactions, you should be on your guard nonetheless. Before making any financial transactions, be sure to carefully read the casino's Terms & Conditions. The thing is that some gambling sites online may charge a fee on deposits and/or withdrawals via American Express. While the fee is usually symbolic, it can be a deal breaker for some gamblers. Anyway, you won’t have trouble finding a casino where all financial operations are commission-free!