The main types of online video poker
For playing this video poker, a deck of 52 cards is used. All deuces become Wild Cards. In Deuces Wild, the combination of Wild Royal Flush (regular Royal Flush using Wild Cards) is rated higher in comparison with other varieties of the game. The combination of four 2s, the second-highest after Royal Flush.
Jacks or better
A 52-sheet deck without Wild Cards is used. The smallest paid combination in Jacks or Better is a pair of jacks, queens, kings or aces.
A deck of 52 cards with an additional joker is used. In Joker Poker, Five of Kind is higher than Wild Royal Flush.
Tens or Better
Wild cards are not used. The smallest paid combination of Tens or Better is a pair of tens, jacks, queens, kings and aces.
Differences in the types of video poker
There are a large number of different versions of video poker, which differ in:
- several lines. Often used 1, 3, 4, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100 lines. The first five cards are dealt with on one line. The player selects cards that are fixed on all lines;
- name of the game. The most popular varieties of the game are Jacks and Better, Tens and Better, Wild Deuces, Joker Poker, Aces and Faces, and Bonus Poker;
- the presence of a jackpot. Part of the players' bets goes to the formation of a progressive jackpot;
- pay tables. In different games, pay tables are slightly changed. If a player receives payout at 50: 1 odd in one poker hand, 40: 1 in another. The mathematical expectation varies from −5% to +0.1%.
Rules of the game
To start playing online video poker, the user must place a bet and click on the Deal button. The player receives 5 cards face up. A deck of 52 sheets is used (or 53/54 in a game with jokers). To hold cards, the Hold key is pressed. These cards are not exchangeable. The rest change after clicking on the Deal / Hand over the button.
Any winning combination brings the user a win. You also can double a winning amount. The Double button is responsible for the transition to the risk game. To pick up the initial winnings, you need to click on the Collect button instead of the Double button.
This round is used in many gambling games, including slot machines. If a player clicks on the Double button, 5 cards will appear on the screen (four closed and the leftmost open). From the remaining player chooses one. If its face value is higher in comparison with an open card, the win is doubled. If you select a lower value card - you will lose the win. Another option is possible: the cards are the same. In such a case, a tie is declared.
The rules of the second version of the game for doubling is to guess the color of a closed card. And you can continue to double the winnings several times in a row. Sometimes you can immediately increase money by 4 times by guessing the suit of the closed card.
There are some varieties of online video poker where you can risk half the amount of winnings - Doble-Half / Half doubling.
The course of the game directly depends on the actions of the player, so some recommendations allow you to achieve better results in most situations. An optimal strategy exists for each type of video poker. None of the methods guarantees a profit in the long run but can increase the chances of making it. This system performs well in the Jacks or Better game and many similar modifications to this video poker.
The table gives priority to the cards that should be held in your hands. Depending on their position in the list, the chance of winning changes. The higher the position of the combination, the better:
- Full house and better
- 4 cards for a royal flush
- Straight, threes or flush
- 4 cards for a straight flush
- Two pairs
- Senior pair (jacks and above)
- 3 cards for the royal flush
- 4 cards for flash
- Younger couple (tens and under)
- 4 cards to the external straight
- 2 high cards of the same suit
- 3 cards for a straight flush
- 2 high cards of different suits (if more than 2 high cards, then leave the younger ones)
- 10 / Jack, 10 / Queen, 10 / King of the same suit
- One high card
- Reset all (if you have nothing of the above).