How slot machines work
When it comes to slots, the gameplay is very simple. You need to press the Start button to send the reels spinning. Once they come to a stop, you’ll see a string of symbols on your screen. If it’s a winning combination of icons, you get a juicy payout from the casino. The more rare the combination, the bigger will be your payout. If, however, there is no winning combination, you lose your bet to the casino and cross your fingers for a win in the next spin.
Slot machines generate totally random combinations of symbols. No one – not even the online casino – can know what icons will pop up on the screen in the next spin. Still, there is a quite a bunch of strategies that can potentially generate small occasional profits for the gamblers. Read on to find out more about how to elevate your gambling performance!
Factors that affect your winnings
Let’s take a look at the key characteristics of a slot machine that can affect your potential winnings.
- Number of reels.
- Number of payl ines.
- Betting limits (minimum and maximum bets).
- The player’s bet in a particular spin.
- Total bet amount. This is your bet per spin multiplied by the number of active paylines.
- RTP of the slot machine. RTP stands for return to player. It’s a part of the wagered money that the machine pays out to players. The house edge, or casino advantage, is a part of the wagered money that the slot machine withholds as a casino profit.
The RTP value is particularly important when it comes to slot machine strategies. RTP can range from 70% to 98%. Slots with a 97% RTP and higher pay out winnings pretty often. However, these winnings are lower than the player’s initial bet. Slot machines with RTP varying between 70% and 90% form winning combinations rarely. On the brighter side, they pay out bigger winnings that are higher than the player’s initial bet.
An important thing to understand is that different slots have different secrets and strategies. However, regardless of the slot game you’re playing, you must follow these universal rules:
- Look for slots with Scatter symbols. Scatters trigger free spins (or freebies). This is a great chance to boost your winnings.
- Pick slot machines with jackpots. A jackpot is a huge money prize that can reach millions of dollars. A surefire way to hit a jackpot is to keep placing the maximum bets.
- When playing a slot that generates rare winnings, be sure to select the minimum number of paylines and play bonus games.
- Before the game starts, be sure to determine the stop loss and stop win amounts. Once you’ve reached either of these limits, you must instantly quit the game. Excessive excitement and greed are the worst enemies of a gambler.
- Be sure to make use of free bonuses. It’s a springboard to big wins.
- When playing slots, don’t let emotions overcome you. It’s important to keep your head cool and follow the money management rules.
Best slot machine strategies
How do you win at slots? Well, you can try using a time-tested strategy. Let’s take a look at the most popular betting systems.
Martingale Strategy. When using this strategy, you need to increase your bet after each loss and reduce it after each win. The thing is that having a few losses in a row is more likely than having several subsequent wins. By increasing your bet after a loss, you ensure that the next win will cover your previous losses and generate a small profit.
Play and run. Before the game begins, you need to determine the number of losing spins and the amount of money that you can afford to lose. Once you’ve reached this limit, you need to call it quits and switch to another slot machine. Once you hit your first win, you also need to switch to another slot.
One game. This one is a very risky strategy. Some players believe that all slots generate large payouts in the very first spin. This is done to lure in more gamblers and encourage them to spend more money on pokies. According to this strategy, you need to bet big in the very first spin. If you win, you must lower your bet in subsequent spins. Keep in mind that this strategy is designed for experienced players only.
There is no cookie-cutter betting system that would fit all players! You should choose the strategy which is right for you, based on your bankroll, personality, and gambling ambitions. The fact that there is no “winning recipe” that would be right for everyone makes slot machines even more attractive and mysterious casino games to play!