How to play live blackjack
The best thing about live blackjack is that it’s played exactly like regular blackjack at a land-based casino. There is no difference whatsoever! If you’ve played this card game at a brick-and-mortar gambling venue, mastering live blackjack will be a walk in the park for you!
If, however, you’re new to the amazing world of live online blackjack, we’ll be happy to walk you through the play process! As for gamblers who consider themselves pros, it won’t hurt to revisit the things they already know!
- Players place their bets.
- Once the bets have been placed, the live blackjack dealer deals two cards to each player and themselves. Each player has two cards face-up in front of them. As for the dealer, they have one card face-up and the other one face-down.
- If at this point, you’re lucky to have a Natural Blackjack (Ace + 10-value card), you win and the game ends. Natural Blackjack is paid 3 to 2 (x1.5 your wager). If not, the game goes on. Each player chooses to either Hit or Stand. Hitting means taking an additional card. Standing means refusing to take extra cards. Also, the player can Double or Split their hand.
- Once the players are done, the dealer reveals their face-down card and plays their hand according to the rules.
- If the dealer’s hand exceeds 21, they bust and all players who are still in the game get paid 1 to 1.
- If the dealer ends up with the hand total of 17 to 21, the hand values are calculated to determine the higher hand. The player whose hand total comes closest to 21 is announced the winner. The winner gets paid 2 to 1. If your hand value exceeds 21, you lose your bet.
Why choose live blackjack in Australia?
As mentioned earlier, live blackjack has taken the best from conventional offline blackjack and online blackjack. Let’s go into detail and try to understand why online blackjack with a live dealer is gaining popularity among casino enthusiasts.
- The most prominent advantage that live blackjack online has to offer is that you can play a real-life blackjack game from the comfort of your own home. Travelling to a land-based casino is no longer the only way to indulge into your favorite hobby! Make yourself comfortable in your favorite armchair, access a trusted online casino, pick a live blackjack variation that you like, and join the stream. Gambling has never been easier!
- Don’t feel like gamling at home? No problem! Blackjack online with a live dealer is also available on mobile devices. You can play live blackjack and other casino games like roulette and poker on your smartphone or tablet. This gives you a practically unlimited liberty! Thanks to swift advances in mobile and Internet technologies, you can choose a place where you'd like to gamble, whether it’s a metro train, an office lounge, a park, etc. All you need is a stable Internet connection. And if you have access to a reliable Wi-Fi network, even better! Play live blackjack online on Android, iOS, and Windows devices. Regardless of the operating system you’re using, you’re guaranteed to have the ultimate gambling experience!
- Live dealer blackjack in Australia is synonymous with exceptional quality. Powered by big-name casino software brands, live blackjack games are streamed in a stunning 4K quality. As a result, you can enjoy a crispy image on your mobile screen. The stream is highly customizable. For example, you can switch from the general view to the close-up of the blackjack dealer’s hands. It’s possible thanks to multiple cameras installed in the gambling studio. The sound is also on par with visuals. You can hear the sound of cards being shuffled and dealt, the voices of other players making their moves, and more. Thanks to the superior graphics and sounds, live dealer blackjack ensures a super realistic gambling experience that you didn’t think was possible!
- The game offers two major ways for interacting with a live blackjack dealer. Option No.1: You can talk to the dealer and other players via a mic. It’s the easiest and fastest way to place bets, engage with players, etc. Option No.2: You can use a live chat. It’s an ideal option for gamblers who are feeling a bit shy around new people, or those who gamble from a closed public place (e.g., a coffee shop) and don’t feel comfortable talking.
- When playing live blackjack online, using the optimal blackjack strategy is way easier than at a land-based casino. The basic blackjack strategy is a chart that tells you what you must do (Hit, Take, Surrender, Double, etc.) in each specific situation. If you find it hard to memorize the chart by heart, you can print it out and keep it handy during the game. Every time you need help, just consult the chart for the right move! Obviously you can't do that when playing at a conventional casino.
FAQ on live blackjack in Australia
Can I play online blackjack with a real dealer for free?
- Unfortunately, the answer is “no”. Just like any live game, live online blackjack is not available in demonstration mode. If you want to play live dealer blackjack, you’ll have to register with the au online casino of your choice, make a deposit, and place real-money wagers. Remember that real-money play is a prerogative of skilled gamblers. If you’re still a rookie, we strongly recommend that you get some practice in demo mode before you up your game and switch to a live mode.
What do I do if my Internet connection is not good enough?
- There is a way out! If you happen to have a poor Internet connection, just select a different resolution in the settings. Switch from HD (720) or Full HD (1080) quality to 480p. Lowering down the quality of video means you won’t be able to enjoy a pixel-perfect picture. On a brighter side, you’ll be able to participate in the game, and this is definitely a priority. Don’t let a lousy Internet connection keep you from enjoying your favorite card game!
How can I improve my winning odds at live dealer blackjack?
- The only way to do that is by applying the optimal blackjack strategy. If you religiously stick to it throughout the game (no deviations or experiments!), you have all chances to reduce the house edge to a 0.5%, which is an incredibly low value. Don’t think twice before applying the basic strategy because it really works. Blackjack is among few casino games that actually have an effective winning strategy that delivers feasible results.
What live blackjack variations can I play?
- The selection of live blackjack games depends on the online casino you’re playing at. Along with Classic Blackjack, gamblers also love VIP Blackjack, Atlantic City Blackjack, Party Blackjack, and some other exciting versions. Also, you can choose between live blackjack tables with different betting limits. Choose the table that fits your bankroll!
What else should I know about live blackjack in Australia?
- Keep in mind that live blackjack is played at a faster pace than a regular online blackjack. The blackjack dealer and other players can’t wait forever till you decide on your next move, so be sure to memorize the rules and the optimal strategy like the back of your hand. You must be confident and swift. At the same time, if you happen to have minor questions regarding the gameplay, don’t hesitate to ask the dealer. Helping you navigate the play process is a part of the job. If you like the dealer’s performance, you’re welcome to leave them a tip - just like at a real-life casino!