Let’s take a look at the main differences between live baccarat variations:
- Each game version has its own betting options.
- Games are played with one to eight standard card decks, 52 cards each.
- Each version has a specific number of players.
- Different versions have varying minimum and maximum betting limits.
- Different games have varying payouts.
- The dealer has different options.
- The size of the bank can be set by the casino or accumulated during the betting process by players.
- The third card may vary across baccarat variations.
However, one thing that remains unchanged is the goal of the game. To win, a player must score 9 points or as close to 9 as possible. This rule is valid for all live baccarat games. Let’s take a look at how to play baccarat online in a live casino.
Chemin de Fer live baccarat
Chemin de Fer is one of the most popular baccarat versions that can be found at online casinos. The main difference is that the casino does not take part in the game. The casino provides players with the necessary equipment and supervises the play process to ensure that the game is played according to the rules.
The size of the bank is made of the players’ bets. The casino takes 5% of the bank size as a commission. At the beginning of the game, the bank goes to the player who made the biggest bet. If the banker loses, the card box passes to the player sitting to their right.
The third card rule has the following differences:
- A player can use the buy-in option if they scored less than four points on two cards.
- If a player has five points, they can either choose to use the buy-in option, or leave everything as it is.
- After the player has made their move, the banker decides whether they can use the buy-in. If the banker scored more points than the player, they take all the bets. In the event of an opposite outcome of the game, the competitor takes the wagered amount and the winning in an amount equal to his bet rate. The bank goes to the player sitting to the banker’s right.
- A player with a bank can quit the game by giving the right to the bank to any other player. Only after that, they will be able to receive the money that they’ve won.
European live baccarat
Here are the main differences between European and American live baccarat:
- The player who scored five points has the right to choose independently whether to use the buy-in or not.
- The size of the bank is determined by the casino.
- If your Banker bet wins, the casino charges a 4-5% commission on your winnings.
Punto Banco live baccarat
The Punto Banco version has special fields with a markup. The game is played with six or eight card decks. No more than sixteen players can take part in the game. The play process is managed by a live casino dealer. You’re allowed to bet on a dealer, player or draw. In order to win, the player needs to collect the total of 9 points or come as close to 9 as possible.